Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pushing forward.

When I planned my first real hiking trip I sort of knew I would always take it another step, to try and become even more advanced and always learn more about things regarding hiking and of myself. Now, two quite advanced hikings later (of the latest I even took on the role of a guide for two friends), I have come quite far and aim for the seven... It is not a small step but one I know I can manage. It is about planning, about commitment, about focus and a drive to always push yourself one step further.

It is a great adventure and I prepare for it in some small way every day, be it through mental preparations in various ways (keeping focus, staying commited) or physical preparations. It is rather elating to learn about yourself and how far you can push your body. My next step towards my first top of the seven is running the Asics Stockholm Marathon 2012, and I aim to do it under 3h30min (if my left heel tendon will allow it).

No comments:

Post a Comment