Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Asics Stockholm Marathon

It is really getting close to the Asics Stockholm Marathon now and I can really feel it in my body! I took all the instructions etc to bed to read up once again and there came a flutter to my heart. I think it is a good thing to be a little nervous, it makes you focus that little extra. I think also I finally found out how to mentally prepare for Saturday in light of my not having been able to run for three weeks now (being four on Saturday) and that takes a little of the pressure off.

Some people have asked me if I shouldn't just skip the race due to the tendon but I have been preparing for this for almost two years of sorts and it is hard to step down, nigh impossible. So I keep preparing and figured I run until it breaks or I complete the run... But that is naturally not the entire truth since that would be bad for the future but I will however start the race as if to make it on my goal time of 3h330min and then adjust as I go, but still keep pressing myself to the utmost of my ability. It will be hard but nothing is impossible! I have talked about keeping focused before and this is how I do it. Keep focus and push yourself hard but sensible. That being said I begin my carbohydrate loading tomorrow... I guess it will not be very funny stepping up on the scale on Friday morning, or evening for that matter. But I did prepare some before and after pictures (after coming up ofc) since I was asked by friends to do so, and who am I to refuse, hehe. Carbohydrate loading means that you fill up, try to maximize, your depots of glycogen. It is rather common to do for endurance athletes. It will be the first time I do it and it is quite exciting to see the results.

The carbohydrate loading will consist of regular eating plus Vitargo carboloader (twice a day) and on Friday I swap one for Vitargo Electrolyte which has a lot of minerals in it plus carbs and it is supposed to be pro active towards cramp in the race. On the day of the race I will eat a regular breakfast and another electrolyte. I will bring some energy gel for the race to add on top of what I get time to drink on track and also a bar of energy just a short time before the race. I tried a gel from Maxim (the brand they use on track for energy drinks) this weekend to try my stomach, and it worked well. All in all, I should be prepared in terms of energy now I just hope my tendon will hold up and allow me to race for a great time!

Here is a picture of my extra diet for the rest of the week. Oh, I should probably tell you why I will drink this... It is equivalent to eating about three kilograms of pasta or rice... This is more simple albeit more expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment